170 people say they got sick after eating at a Chipotle restaurant that was shut down on Monday

By Hayley Peterson

BBLj0fB

© Hollis Johnson/Business Insider

  • Chipotle closed a restaurant in Powell, Ohio, on Monday following reports that customers got sick after eating there.
  • More than 170 people said they fell ill after eating at the restaurant, according to reports made to the website iwaspoisoned.com.
  • The local health department said that it received illness reports from seven customers on Sunday and Monday and that it sent officials to the Chipotle restaurant on Monday for an inspection only to find the restaurant closed.
  • Chipotle had two to five staff members call off work while citing illness on Sunday and Monday, the company told health officials.

Read more from MSN…

Comments are closed.