Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs, who was found dead in his Southlake hotel room July 1, died from an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office says in a report released Friday.
According to the report, Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system along with alcohol.
Skaggs, who was in town with the Angels for a four-game series against the Rangers, was found unresponsive in his hotel room, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene and no foul play was suspected.
Read more from NBCDFW…