Classic movies entertain guests in July and August at Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre, located at 300 S. Main St. Bring in a same day receipt from any Grapevine restaurant and get a free popcorn at the concession stand! Tickets are $6 per person. Below is the list of screenings for late July and August:
- Friday, July 30 – “Top Gun” (Rated PG – 1986), 7:30 p.m. Students at the U.S. Navy’s elite
fighter weapons school compete to be best in class. One daring pilot learns a few things from a
civilian instructor not taught in the classroom.
- Saturday, July 31 – Happy Birthday, Harry Potter! Celebrate Harry Potter’s Birthday with a
movie marathon! Tickets are $6 each or 4/ $20. Come in costume and receive a free popcorn! – “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone:” (Rated PG – 2001), 11 a.m. An orphaned boy
enrolls in a school of wizardry where he learns the truth about himself, his family and
the terrible evil that haunts the magical world.
– “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” (Rated PG – 2004), 2 p.m. Ron and
Hermoine return to Hogwarts for their third year of study, where they delve into the
mystery surrounding an escaped prisoner who poses a dangerous threat to the young
– “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” (Rated PG – 2007), 5 p.m. With their
warning about Lord Voldemort’s return scoffed at, Harry and Dumbledore are targeted
by the Wizard authorities as an authoritarian bureaucrat slowly seizes power at
– “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II” (Rated PG-13 – 2011), 8 p.m. Harry,
Ron and Hermoine search for Voldemort’s remaining Horcruxes in their effort to
destroy the Dark Lord as the final battle rages on at Hogwarts.
- Friday, August 6 – “The Searchers” (Rated PG – 1956), 7:30 p.m. An American Civil War veteran embarks on a journey to rescue his niece from the Comanches.
- Saturday, August 14 – It’s Elvis night! Enjoy an Elvis double feature. Come in costume and get a free popcorn.
- “Loving You” (Rated PG – 1957), 4 p.m. A musician and a publicist help a delivery man achieve stardom.
- “Viva Las Vegas” (Rated PG – 1964), 7:30 p.m. Racecar driver Lucky Jackson goes to Las Vegas to earn money to pay for a new engine for his motor car. Working as a waiter, he still finds the time to court young Rusty Martin.
- Friday, August 20 – “Roman Holiday” (Rated PG – 1953), 7:30 p.m. A bored and sheltered princess escapes her guardians and falls in love with an American newsman in Rome.
- Saturday, August 21 – Sing-Along Saturday! Bring your friends and sing along as you watch movies at the Palace Theatre.
- “Mamma Mia” (Rated PG-13 – 2008), 4 p.m. The story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father is told using hit songs by the popular 1970s group ABBA.
- “Grease” (Rated PG – 1978), 7:30 p.m. Good girl Sandy and greaser Danny fell in love over the summer. When they unexpectedly discover they are now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?
- Saturday, August 28 – Join us for Treasure Hunt Saturday!
- “Aladdin” (Rated G – 1992), 4 p.m. A kindhearted street urchin and a power-hungry Grand Vizier vie for a magic lamp that has the power to make their deepest wishes come true. Come in character and receive a free popcorn.
- “The Goonies” (Rated PG – 1985), 7:30 p.m. A group of young misfits called The Goonies discover an ancient map and set out on an adventure to find a legendary pirate’s long-lost treasure.
For more information about Grapevine’s Historic Palace Theatre or to purchase tickets, call 817.410.3100 or visit Palace-Theatre.com.