Category Archives: Crime report
Earlier this month, a woman was dining at a local restaurant when her wallet was stolen from her purse. The purse was hanging on the back of her chair, and by the time she realized the wallet was gone, thieves had purchased several gift cards from a grocery store in Southlake.
These surveillance photos show the suspects. Suspect #2 was seen sitting by the woman’s purse, while the other two were also seen in the restaurant walking around. All three were in the grocery store together. Please call Grapevine PD if you recognize the suspects at 817.410.8127.
We also remind women to please secure purses. Thieves only need a few seconds to grab a wallet or other items of value.
- BURGLARY OF VEHICLE (BURGLARY OF AN UNLOCKED BMW X3): 900 S MAIN ST
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$2,500<$30K): 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- DECEASED PERSON: 1200 LAGUNA VISTA WAY
- BURGLARY OF VEHICLE (SEATS TAKEN FROM VEHICLE): 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE (COCAINE; PG 1 <1G): 1100 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED (DWI 2ND / POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE PG 2<1G): 2100 E SH 114
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$20K<$100K; STOLEN VEHICLE): 1900 LONGHORN TRL
SUGAR LAND, Texas – A suspect butt-dialed 911 while breaking into a Best Buy in Sugar Land, police said.
Police were called around 3 a.m. by a cellphone, but no one was responding on the other end. When officials pinged the cellphone’s location, officers determined the call was coming from a Best Buy, police said.
Shortly thereafter, the department received a burglary alarm from that same store, officials said.
After arriving at the scene, police said the three burglars left the scene and led police on a 40-minute chase.
The chase ended in northeast Houston when the men bailed out of the getaway truck and ran along the bayou on Los Angeles Street near the North Loop.
Officers used a helicopter and K-9 officers to locate two of the three men.
Read more from Channel 2 News…
- ANIMAL BITE REPORT: 2400 TIMBERLINE DR
- FRAUD USE/POSS IDENTIFYING INFO (# ITEMS < 5: CREDIT CARD INFORMATION USED WITHOUT CONSENT)
- ASSAULT-PHYSICAL CONTACT (FEMALE EMPLOYEE HUGGED AND KISSED MALE CUSTOMER: 100 E SH 114
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$750<$2,500; THEFT OF GUCCI WATCH): 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$750<$2,500; CAR STOLEN FROM CAR REPAIR LOT): 1200 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- ACCIDENT INVOLVING DAMAGE TO VEHICLE (>=$200; HIT AND RUN): 100 W SH 114
- THEFT UNDER $100.00 (WALLET STOLEN): 2100 IRA E WOODS AVE
- ACCIDENT INVOLVING DAMAGE TO VEHICLE (CLASS B; HIT AND RUN): 200 N DOOLEY ST
- AGGRAVATED ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON (ASSAULT- FIGHTING BETWEEN TWO ROOMMATES): 1000 HUMMINGBIRD TRL
- DUTY ON STRIKING UNATTENDED VEHICLE (TRAILER STRUCK ON GRAYSON DRIVE): 2100 GRAYSON DR
- ASSAULT-PHYSICAL CONTACT (WIFE BIT HUSBAND): 3900 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- POSS OF MARIJUANA (<2OZ): 2000 DOVE RD
- BURGLARY OF VEHICLE (OPEN WINDOW): 1800 SANDALWOOD LN
- BURGLARY OF HABITATION: 1400 TERRACE DR
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$750<$2,500; STOLEN iPHONE): 900 W SH 114
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED: 2000 S SH 121
- DECEASED PERSON (DEATH INVESTIGATION): 2400 BASS PRO DR
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED (BAC >= 0.15): 800 IRA E WOODS AVE
- PUBLIC INTOXICATION-ALCOHOL: 1600 W SH 114
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED ( DWI MOTORCYCLE CRASH): 1700 SAGEBRUSH TRL
- DECEASED PERSON: 500 AUSTIN CREEK DR
A woman’s decision to call police instead of confront a car burglar may have helped save her life.
On the morning of April 24, a woman at Aura Four44 apartments walked into the parking garage and saw a man breaking into her car. She ran back into her apartment and called 911.
Grapevine Police arrived within minutes, and after noting several cars with broken windows, spotted two men matching the descriptions given by the victim. The men were crouched down between a car and wall. An officer yelled for them to stop, but both men started running. The officer chased them over a parking garage ledge onto the ground below. At that point, another officer flashed his emergency lights, and the two suspects split up.
One officer followed a suspect through shrubs and into a nearby creek. The officer pulled him out of the water, but the two struggled before he was in custody. At one point the suspect started reaching into his waistband, but the officer was able to pull his arm behind his back. Once the man was in handcuffs and searched, officers found a stolen pistol, loaded and ready to be fired, in his waistband. The other suspect was chased to a nearby street and also taken into custody.
As more officers arrived at the apartment complex, they observed nearly a dozen vehicles with windows smashed. They also found stolen property in a car that had also been reported stolen. Although these cars were in a locked parking garage, the owners had left bags behind the seat where thieves could see them.
Grapevine Police want to remind everyone to go beyond locking their cars, and to remove anything that could tempt a burglar. Even a bag with nothing of value could attract thieves. Police also praise the victim who called 911 and kept herself safe from what turned out to be armed suspects. The first suspect was in custody six minutes after the 911 call was made, thanks to the quick action of the officers involved.
Charges include burglary, evading, resisting arrest, theft of firearm, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, criminal mischief, and an outstanding warrant.
Devieja Mitchell and Zavion Nunley (pictured below) were the two arrested.
A woman who was on a trail in north Fort Worth was attacked from behind on Saturday morning, the Fort Worth Police Department said.
She was in the area of 5200 Ten Mile Bridge near Marine Creek reservoir when a man knocked her to the ground. The woman screamed and fought with the man, but he hit her several times and threatened more violence if she didn’t stay quiet, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call 817-469-8477.
Read more from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram…
Squealing tires, revved up engines — the sounds of street racing on Regal Row have been driving some crazy for years.
“They still doing they thing though. I don’t think it’s gonna stop,” said Ricky Ballard, an employee at nearby Allied Interiors.
New video, captured overnight, shows the cars and trucks in action near Irving Boulevard. Employees at Allied Interiors often get a front row seat.
“They take off right here and they go to the bridge. Once they get to the bridge, the first one to the bridge is the winner,” Ballard said.
Read more from NBCDFW…
A fight over payment for a parking space ended up in a shooting on a main thoroughfare in Uptown Dallas.
According to the Dallas Police Department, the incident took place on April 22 at around 12:34 a.m., when officers responded to a call about a shooting in the 2600 block of McKinney Avenue.
Police interviewed the victim, who stated he was involved in a physical altercation with the suspect, identified in a release as 28-year-old Nnaemeka Onyedebely, regarding payment of a parking space.
Read more from CultureMap Dallas…
APRIL 8, 2019:
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$100<$750; UNLOCKED* STOLEN BICYCLE): 900 TURNER RD
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED: 3800 SHADY MEADOW DR
- POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE (PG 1 >=1G<4G): 1500 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- FRAUD USE/POSSESSION OF IDENTIFYING INFO (# ITEMS < 5; FRAUDULENTLY OBTAINED CREDIT CARD USED AT DEALERSHIP): 1400 W SH 114
- FRAUD USE/POSSESSION OF IDENTIFYING INFO (# ITEMS < 5; DEBIT CARD INFORMATION USED WITHOUT CONSENT): 1500 W SH 114
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$100<$750; THEFT OF JEWELRY): 1600 W SH 114
- AGGRAVATED ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON: 2900 MUSTANG DR
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$2,500<$30K; UNLOCKED* VEHICLE ENTERED AND ITEMS STOLEN): 2400 BASS PRO DR
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$100<$750): 1600 W SH 114
- DISORDERLY CONDUCT – LANGUAGE (ARRESTEE CAUSED A DISTURBANCE WHILE USING PROFANE LANGUAGE): 1300 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- AGGRAVATED ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON (PERSON WITH A GUN): 3500 N GRAPEVINE MILLS BLVD
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED: 300 LUCAS DR
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$100<$750; THEFT OF CIGARETTES): 3100 IRA E WOODS AVE
- ASSAULT OF A PUBLIC SERVANT: 2900 CANYON DR
- INTERFERENCE W/PUBLIC DUTIES: 2900 CANYON DR
- FALSE ALARM OR REPORT: 1300 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED: 3500 S SH 121
- IMMIGRATION HOLD (CRASH LEADS TO DWI ARREST): 3500 S SH 121
- FRAUD/DESTRUCTION/REMOVAL/CONCEALMENT WRITING (DESTROY/ REMOVAL OF SECURITY SENSOR): 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- DEADLY CONDUCT: 1200 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- LOST PROPERTY: 2700 E GRAPEVINE MILLS CIR
- INDECENT EXPOSURE: 3000 MUSTANG DR
- POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA – TO INJECT, INHALE OR INJEST: 1700 KATIES WOODS DR
APRIL 9, 2019:
- EVADING ARREST/DETENTION (THEFT FROM GAP): 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (<$2,500 2/MORE PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS; THEFT FROM GAP): 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (<$100 W/PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS; THEFT FROM VICTORIA’S SECRET): 3000 GRAPEVINE MILLS PKWY
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$100<$750; THEFT OF TWO BLUE ATLAS CEDAR TREES): 400 BALL ST
- ASSAULT/BODILY INJURY BY A FAMILY/HOUSE MEMBER (2+ W/IN 12 MONTHS; BOYFRIEND HIT AND DRAGGED GIRLFRIEND): 3000 MUSTANG DR
- CRIMINAL TRESPASS OF A HABITATION/SHELTER (CRIMINAL TRESPASS OF APARTMENT): 3100 MUSTANG DR
- CRIMINAL MISCHIEF (>=$100<$750; WATER POURED IN VEHICLE GAS TANK/ ENGINE DAMAGE): 1600 W NORTHWEST HWY
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$750<$2,500; THEFT OF CELLPHONE): 1600 W SH 114
- DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED (BAC >= 0.15): 100 S MAIN ST
- UNLICENSED CARRYING OF WEAPON (DWI/UCW): 100 S MAIN ST
APRIL 11, 2019:
- THEFT OF PROPERTY (>=$750<$2,500; THEFT OF CELL PHONE): 2300 POOL RD
- BURGLARY OF VEHICLE: 2500 MS PARK-8 RD
- POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES (PG 1 <1G): 5300 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES (PG 2 >= 1G<4G): 5300 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES (PG 3 < 28G): 5300 WILLIAM D TATE AVE
- THEFT UNDER $100.00 (THEFT OF BATTERY): 800 WILDWOOD LN
[*EDITOR’S NOTE: PLEASE ALWAYS LOCK YOUR VEHICLE/LOCK UP YOUR BICYCLES. DON’T MAKE IT EASY FOR THIEVES TO MAKE YOU A VICTIM]