2020 “Drive-in” Airshow tickets will go on sale to our Insiders only (signing up to be an Insider is free!) on Thursday, September 24th, at 12:00 PM (Noon) CT. On Thursday the 24th at noon, you will receive your Insider ONLY discounted ticket link via email on Thursday the 24th at Noon.
All 2020 tickets will be available for purchase ONLINE ONLY. To ensure everyone’s safety, there are no drive-up (at the gate) ticket sales. That said, you can buy from any mobile device on your way in IF tickets remain. Because of the minimal number of tickets available, we are expecting a sell-out.
Here are the initial 2020 “Drive-In” Airshow basics (plenty more details to follow, before tickets go on sale):
- This year’s show will be three days, Friday, October 9th, Saturday, October 10th, and Sunday, October 11th. It will be the same performer line-up every day (weather permitting). That gives you an extra show day option to buy tickets.
- On a somber note, due to May’s accident the Canadian Forces Snowbirds will not attend this year’s airshow. “We love you, Jenn!” The United States Air Force is stepping up in a BIG way to help our show.
- Drive-in attendees will NOT have to remain in your vehicle to watch the show. Everyone that purchases a drive-in ticket will have an allotted area near their vehicle to sit outside and enjoy the airshow. Attendees may remove their masks once they arrive at their assigned drive-in spot. If you leave your assigned drive-in spot, you will need to wear a mask, please.
- There will be no food or drink vendors at the show. Because of this, we encourage you to bring your own coolers and fill them with your own food and drinks. All we ask is no glass and no BBQ’s or grills of any sort.
- Porta-Potties will be provided and sanitized all throughout the day. Disabled accessible restrooms will be on-site as well.
- Please bring chairs with you. No beach umbrellas or tents of any kind will be allowed. Regular umbrellas are acceptable. In short, anything that is going to block the view of fellow air show fans is prohibited.
- There will be two types of tickets – VIP and General Admission. The VIP tickets this year are closer to the crowd line and aircraft taxiway. General Admission fills in the rest of the tarmac.
- All tickets to the show are INSIDE the gates at Ellington Airport on the concrete. No tickets in the grass parking lots will be sold, and no people will be allowed to loiter in those fields.
- Tickets will be purchased by the carload and will allow up to 6 people (including children) per vehicle, so long as everyone in your vehicle has a legal seat belt.
- Everyone that is in your vehicle and coming to Ellington Airport will have their temperatures checked and asked a series of health questions. Health checks will be done inside your vehicle and hands-free (via a high speed, touch-less thermometer). Masks will be required while the temperature check and health screening is happening. They will also be required any time you are not inside your allotted parking area.
Given the circumstances, please afford us a bit of understanding and flexibility. We understand that some of the restrictions above will not work for all our fans.
As always, our number one priority is the safety of everyone at the airshow and our fantastic community.
Here’s a hint about one of the performers that will fly in to substitute for the Canadian Forces Snowbirds:
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If anything changes, we will do our best to let you know. Thank you!
Your Privacy & Personal Information: