Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is your ticket to the excitement of the AT&T Red River Showdown on October 9 at Cotton Bowl Stadium. The annual rivalry game between the University of Texas Longhorns and the University of Oklahoma Sooners is expected to bring 100,000 people to the State Fair of Texas, and DART is ready with additional service to make getting to the game safe and easy.
DART riders are encouraged to arrive early for the game. Trains typically begin filling up more than three hours before kickoff. To help accommodate the large crowds, DART is adding light rail service, buses and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) trains with special connections.
Look for DART staff as early as four hours before game time at key stations to help customers purchase tickets and make connections. After the game, DART staff will be on hand to help customers on their return trip. This special service continues for at least three hours after the game.
Face masks are required on all DART vehicles. Face mask and hand sanitizer dispensers are installed on all buses, light rail vehicles, TRE vehicles and Dallas streetcars, and will continue to be available to all passengers.
DART to the Game
Two DART Green Line rail stations serve the fairgrounds – Fair Park Station, located on Parry Avenue at the main entrance to the fairgrounds, and MLK, Jr. Station, located south of R.B. Cullum Blvd. and convenient to the MLK fairground entrance (Gate 6) and Cotton Bowl Stadium.
If you’re riding DART Rail or the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) to downtown Dallas, you can transfer easily to the Green Line. From downtown Dallas, board Green Line trains marked “BUCKNER,” “LAWNVIEW” or “FAIR PARK.”
- Southbound Red and Blue Line passengers can transfer to the Green Line at Pearl/Arts District Station.
- Northbound Red and Blue Line passengers can transfer to the Green Line at Akard Station.
- Eastbound Orange Line passengers from DFW Airport and Irving’s six stations can transfer to the Green Line at Bachman Station.
- Northbound Green Line trains leave every 10 minutes from Buckner Station for MLK, Jr. Station. These trains will not stop at Fair Park Station.
After the game, remember to go back to the station where you arrived to return to your starting location. If you arrive by bus, DART will have buses available for your return trip along Parry Ave. in front of Fair Park Station. The post-game buses will serve Pearl/Arts District, Victory and EBJ Union stations.
Learn more about DART service on October 9 at www.DART.org/RedRiverShowdown.
TRE and DCTA Riders
TRE passengers have two options to get to the game:
- Transfer to the Green Line circulator at EBJ Union Station to complete your trip to the fairgrounds.
- Transfer to a shuttle bus at Victory Station to continue your trip to the fairgrounds.
Learn more about TRE service on October 9 at TrinityRailwayExpress.org/StateFair.
Customers coming from Denton County via Denton County Transportation Authority (DCTA) are advised to board the first train departing their originating station. DCTA A-train passengers transfer to the Green Line at Trinity Mills Station. DCTA information can be found at DCTA.net.
Smoothing Out Your Ride with Contactless Payments
DART offers four great contactless options that make buying your pass fast, safe, and convenient:
- Credit or debit card: Now you can buy your DART pass with a contactless credit or debit card. Just tap your contactless card to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus prior to boarding.
- Mobile device: Using Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, tap your payment-enabled mobile device to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus to buy your pass.
- GoPass® app: Download the latest version of the app for free from the App Store or Google Play. Just be sure to activate your DART pass before you board.
- GoPass® Tap card: Available at 7-Eleven and hundreds of participating retailers, GoPass Tap is the reloadable transit card that automatically gives you the best fare every time you ride. Simply tap your card to a reader on a DART Rail platform or bus prior to boarding, and your fare is deducted automatically.
Download a copy of the map HERE.