Oncor Electric and their contractor, Southeast Power, will be conducting a fiber optic installation on Oncor’s transmission line from Kimball Avenue to Texan Trail, which includes a large portion along the TEXRail corridor.
This work has been scheduled for Wednesday, January 12 through Saturday, January 22. Due to the physical size restraints of the work area, Oncor will be utilizing a helicopter to shuttle both linemen and materials to the top of the poles. Intermittent roadway lane and sidewalk closures will be conducted during these project dates. A flight path map for this project may be viewed at bit.ly/3HXLzWr or on the graphic below.
Don’t get stuck in traffic this weekend.. plan ahead to avoid weekend closures. Thanks to DFW Connector for the heads up!
- 8pm Friday-8pm Sunday – Full closure of SB SH-121 and EB I-635 at Bass Pro.
- 8pm Friday-8pm Saturday – Full closure of NB SH-121 north of DFW Airport.
NorthGate Constructors will conduct work on Bass Pro Drive from SH 26 to southbound SH 121 frontage road from Thursday night, September 19 starting at 8pm until 6am Friday morning, September 20. Then, the majority of their work will take place from 7am on Saturday, September 21 until 7am Sunday morning, September 22.
This work will require a full closure of Bass Pro Drive from SH 26 to the southbound SH 121 frontage road.
- Eastbound traffic on Bass Pro Drive will be detoured to the hook ramp at the southbound SH 121 frontage road.
- Westbound traffic on Bass Pro Drive will be detoured to the northbound SH 121 frontage, then to Sandy Lake Road.
- Drivers will still be able to cross the Bass Pro Drive bridge in order to turn left on the southbound SH 121 frontage road.
- The 7-Eleven and Embassy Suites Hotel will still have driveway access on northbound SH 26.
- Bass Pro Shops will still have driveway access from the southbound SH 121 frontage road.
View a map that describes the closure and detour routes at bit.ly/2kjZu44. This second map shows the business driveway closures at bit.ly/2km5nxH.
Visit DFWConnector.com or text DFWC4 to 77222 for real-time updates.
Make sure friends know about road closures this weekend in Grapevine, so everyone can plan the best routes and avoid delays.
- From 8:00 Friday (8/16) to 6am Monday (8/19) Bass Pro Drive will be shut down between SH-26 and SH-121. SH-121 traffic will also be diverted onto the frontage roads.
- Northbound SH-121/FM 2499 will be shut down at Bass Pro. Southbound SH-121 will be shut down at FM 2499/Grapevine Mills Parkway.
- Off-ramps connecting SH-121 and I-635 will also be closed, so plan alternate routes.
The closures will allow crews to demolish the old Bass Pro Drive bridge. You can see a full list of closures (and detour maps) at: www.dfwconnector.com.
It only takes five minutes behind the wheel to figure out that Dallas drivers maneuver by their own rules of the road.
Do you consider a red light or four-way stop just a suggestion?
If an adjacent lane is coming to an end, do you speed up, close the gap, hit the horn and nearly push the other motorist into construction cones?
Read more from the Dallas Morning News…
NorthGate Constructors will conduct sewer line work this week from 6pm Tuesday, May 14 (tonight) until 12pm on Wednesday, May 15. This work is in coordination with the City and the following lane closures will be in place to accommodate this work:
- Single right lane closed on northbound SH 26 at Bass Pro Drive. Two lanes will remain open.
- Single right lane closed on eastbound Bass Pro Drive. One lane will remain open.
- Full closure on westbound Prospect Way from SH 121 to Stone Myers Parkway. Two-way traffic will be maintained on eastbound Prospect Way.
- Various lanes closed on north and southbound Stone Myers Parkway at Prospect Way. At least one lane will remain open in each direction.
Please note this work will not impact any utility services. However, you can expect additional truck traffic in these areas during this time.
North Gate Constructors will conduct drainage work across NB SH 121 this weekend from 8pm on Friday, 4/5 to 6am on Monday, 4/8. Visit DFWConnector.com for full details.
Crews are closing Bass Pro Drive over SH 121 this weekend from 8pm tonight (Friday, 3/8) until 6am Monday (3/11). Click HERE for detour information and upcoming road work.
By Miranda Jaimes
Fairway Drive will remain closed to public traffic indefinitely, according to an Army Corps of Engineers news release sent Jan. 30. Only authorized persons and vehicles will have access to accomplish Corps missions.
Fairway Drive across Grapevine Dam has been closed since August due to a slide at the dam.
Read more from Community Impact…
Southlake City Council unanimously approved Dec. 4 three contracts providing for construction and engineering work for SH 114 frontage roads, the FM 1938 and Continental Boulevard intersection, and the Peytonville Avenue and Continental intersection.
SH 114 Frontage Roads:
City Council approved a $3 million local project advance funding agreement with Texas Department of Transportation for the construction of eastbound and westbound frontage roads along SH 114 between Dove Road and Kirkwood Boulevard.
The project will improve mobility as development grows in the surrounding area, according to the meeting agenda packet. Funding for this agreement was allocated as part of the current and previous year capital improvement program budgets.
Read more from Community Impact…