By John Egan
It truly pays to live and work in Dallas or Fort Worth. A new ranking from BusinessStudent.com puts the two cities — and Houston, too — among the top 10 places in the U.S. for stretching your salary.
To come up with its ranking, BusinessStudent.com examined the average annual salary for 127 white-collar “business” jobs listed on career website Indeed — such as HR director, marketing manager, and IT manager — and subtracted the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment, based on data from apartment search website Rent Jungle. According to that measure, Dallas is No. 4, Houston is No. 7, and Fort Worth is No. 9.
In all, BusinessStudent.com sifted through data for 65 major U.S. markets.
Read more from CultureMap Dallas…
Due to poor response, our Marketplace page will no longer be available after 4/1/13. If you have an idea for a page/service that would be helpful to the community, please let me know!
Job opportunities at the Brazoria County Humane Society: 2 Kennel positions available; $8.00/hour
1. Be able to handle all types and breeds of dogs.
2. Poop scoop kennels and yards.
3. Make sure animals have food and water at all times.
4. Be able to high pressure wash kennels so that they are clean!
5. Some heavy lifting of dog food, cages, etc.
6. Yard work, i.e. mowing, weed eating, etc.
7. Recognizing illness in animals and administering medicating animals.
8. Hours are 8 – 5 and days may vary but it is a 40 hour work week.
9. Some driving of animals to the vet at times or to off site adoptions.
10. Learn our computer software to enter animals into computer.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact Shirley at 281-489-3000 or email@example.com.
FOR SALE: LeMond RevMaster Spin Bike; $400.00. This bike is in great condition. They retail for about $1000. Will include work-out CD and wheel oil. Call 281-923-9593 for more info. posted 1/22/13
FOR RENT: 3BR, 2 bath single level home in Sedgefield (a community of Silverlake). Monthly rent is $1500; immediate move-in available. For more information or to look at the house, call Terry at 832-703-2807.