Through June 24, 2022, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is offering a sign-on bonus of up to $2,000 for new bus operators.
With DART’s redesigned bus network providing greater frequency and longer hours, as well as better access to jobs, DART is hiring passionate and motivated bus student operators. The DART bus student operator application is available online.
Bus operator applicants with an active Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and passenger endorsement will be eligible to receive a $2,000 bonus.
- $500 awarded after successful completion of training
- $500 awarded after successfully completing a six (6) month probationary period
- $1,000 awarded after twelve months after probation ends (18 months)
Bus operator applicants without a CDL, but with an active Commercial Learner Permit (CLP), will be eligible to receive a $1,000 bonus.
- $250 awarded after successful completion of training
- $250 awarded after successfully completing a six (6) month probationary period
- $500 awarded twelve months after probation ends (18 months)
DART offers employees a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Starting pay is $21.13/hour
- Paid Training
- Health, vision, dental, life, and AD&D insurance
- Medical coverage after 30 days
- Pension plan and 401(k) contributions after 180 days
- Opportunities for advancement
- Wellness Program
- You and one designated dependent are eligible to receive free transportation on all DART, DCTA, and TRE systems
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. The full job description for the DART bus student operator position can be found here. An overview of the DART benefits programs can be found on the DART website.